1. How often are inspections?
- Biohazards/Medical Waste – Sacramento County Environmental Management Department
- Biological Use Authorization (BUA) Audits – UCD
- Fire Safety – local fire department
- Lab Safety Reviews – UCD
- Chemical safety – Certified United Program Agency (CUPA) – Every 1-3 years
- Lab Safety – Center for Disease Control/Food and Drug Administration/Department of Agriculture (CDC/FDA/USDA)
- Animal care – Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) / Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC) – Every 1-3 years
2. How do I deal with broken equipment or equipment to be discarded?
- If broken, tag the equipment as broken and report to Research Administration.
- If the equipment is to be discarded, it must be first decontaminated/decommissioned (see SafetyNet #113 – Release of Equipment). Contact either Shriners Research Administration or your UCD department for disposal. For UCD equipment, saleable items may be sent to AggieSurplus for resale.